Application Guide Without Service Fee Guide you how to apply for studying in Qinghai Nationalities University & Study in
Admission Information for Degree Students
I. Admission requirements
1. Applicants should be non-Chinese permanent residents or Chinese citizens of Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan regions
and in good health.
2. The requirement of degree and age for applicants
2.1 Undergraduate: senior high school certificate, under 55 years old.
2.2 Postgraduate: bachelor's degree, under 55 years old.
3. Requirement of language level
3.1 HSK 4 before undergraduate study (If there is no HSK score, students should learn Chinese for one semester or one
year, beginning undergraduate study after reaching the language requirement for undergraduates, and it is a pre-requisite to
pass HSK 4 half a year before graduation; applicants for the Tibetan major should pass the Tibetan entrance examination
organized by the university and begin undergraduate study after meeting admission requirements.)
3.2 HSK5 before postgraduate study (If there is no HSK score, students should learn
Chinese for one to two years. Students can begin postgraduate study with HSK 4, and it is a must to pass HSK 5 half a
year before graduation; applicants for the Tibetan major should pass the Tibetan entrance examination organized by the
university and begin postgraduate study after meeting admission requirements. )
II. Application and admission time
Admission time: September each year
Deadline of application: June 10 each year
III. Application materials and procedures
Applicants submit application materials to College of International Education of Qinghai Nationalities University------the university verify and go through admission procedures------ mail Confirmation of Enrollment and Form JW202 to student------ students take the above two documents to the Chinese embassy to apply for an “X” Visa------ applicants bring Confirmation of Enrollment to register within the time limit.
1. Qinghai Nationalities University International Students Confirmation of Enrollment
2. Personal resume
3. Registration form for foreigners coming to Qinghai
4. Medical examination report
5. Photo of passport (passport-photo-sized photo) and copy of passport
6. HSK Certificate
7. Degree certificate (highest degree certificate) notarized by Chinese embassy (consulate)
8. Certificate of Non-criminal Record notarized by Chinese embassy (consulate)
9. Certificate of Kindred notarized by Chinese embassy (consulate) (only for overseas students with families)
10. Working Certificate or Studying Certificate in China (once worked or studied in China)
11. Study or research plan, two recommendation letter written by associate professors (postgraduates)
Note: Item No.1, 2, 3 can be downloaded from our website. All above materials can be provided with
IV. Major arrangements
Applicants can apply for majors, such as Chinese language and culture, Tibetan language and culture, Tibetan medicine, law, management science. Please consult undergraduate curriculum of bachelor's degree program for international students
Applicants can apply for majors, such as linguistics, ethnology, anthropology, Tibetan studies, Tibetan medicine, law, management science. Please consult postgraduate curriculum of master's degree program for international students.